No products in the cart.
If you want to reach high on the corporate ladder and are clear about your MBA plans, ISB YLP is the step that you should take today! In the current scenario, there is an immense pressure on students to make the right career choice.
Purusing an MBA program or a management courses is a popular choice for many students. However, if you’re going for the GMAT based route to MBA, most of the top B-schools require some work experience and an excellent academic profile. If you haven’t taken the CAT for IIMs and other MBA programs, you’re left wondering if there is any quality B-school that lets you in without work experience?
Well, the answer is DEFINITELY yes! The Young Leaders Program (YLP) at Indian School of Business is a foundation program helping high-potential college students secure admission in PGP program at ISB straight out of college. Sounds cool!
ISB YLP Key Features
ISB YLP is a key program of Indian School of Business and has been ranking high in many international criteria. Here are some of the key features of ISB Young Leaders Program:
- ISB YLP ranks #23 in Financial Times Ranking
- ISB YLP ranks #5 in Asia Financial Times Ranking
- ISB YLP ranks #3 by Salary Increase in Financial Times Ranking
- The institute has a network of 11500+ alumni
- The institute has four extensive learning weekends for their students that are in a gap of six months
- The institute has 10 Research Centres and Institutes
- The institute is connected with 50+ schools for their exchange programs
- The ISB Faculty is world-renowned with key leaders taking class sessions
- Senior ISB experts provide mentorship to the students
What is ISB YLP?
Introduced in 2012, ISB Young Leaders Program (YLP) is a foundation program for aspiring students, irrespective of their education background, wanting to secure admission in ISB’s PGP. You may take a moment to appreciate that ISB PGP is India’s #1 MBA program! It is a fantastic foundation course for those aiming to pursue an MBA as it equips you with the insights you need into management education. It is a perfect fit for undergraduates from diverse educational backgrounds.
Once your admission is confirmed, you are expected to attend four-weekend sessions conducted in a gap of six months. Students are mentored and guided by experts for a smooth transition from student life to a professional environment. You develop personal attributes that would make you future leader and provide you with a well-grounded platform to identify your career goals.
During the ISB YLP program, you get an opportunity to learn through interactions with youpeers from diverse backgrounds. In the two year time gaps between the offer and joining, you are expected to hunt for a suitable job that exposes you to learning opportunities. Once the candidate has gained the required hands-on experience, they would be eligible to join the regular PGP batch at ISB.
Who can apply for ISB YLP?
ISB Young Leaders Program (ISB YLP) is specially designed for college students who are passionate about their ISB dream. Here are the eligibility requirements for ISB YLP Program:
- The applicant should be currently studying in a college/university.
- The applicant should be in the pre-final or final year of their program.
- Those with zero work experience are also eligible for the ISB YLP program.
Interestingly, through the ISB Young Leaders Program (ISB YLP) program, students secure their admissions in the ISB PGP program even before they have their graduation degree.
However, you might have to wait for another 2 years until they begin taking classes for a regular PGP in Management. After graduating, students have to gain 1.9 years of working experience before they join the class of ISB.
What is the Young Leaders Program looking for?
Once you know that you are eligible for the program, you need to take a closer look at your profile. ISB YLP has certain requirement from their candidates that goes beyond eligibility. Here is what ISB YLP is looking for:
- High Academic Results
- High GMAT Score (There are exceptions)
- Awards and Initiatives in College
- Compelling Essays from the student
- Impressive recommendation letter from school faculty
- Students with Extracurricular Experience
- Students with leadership quality or potential
- Other personal attributes of students
ISB YLP Fee Structure
ISB YLP program charges more fees in comparison to other top business schools in India such as IIMs. However, it is compensated with the experience that ISB offers along with the high annual package offered to its students.
After getting confirmation, you need to submit a non-refundable fee of INR 1,00,000+ tax to reserve your seat in the program.
Every applicant selected through the ISB Young Leaders Program (ISB YLP) is awarded a scholarship of INR 100,000. Students who wish to apply for a scholarship under any of the categories listed by the school can do so. ISB Hyderabad and ISB Mohali offer numerous scholarships each year that are based on a student’s merit, or need.
ISB YLP 2021 Key dates
In order to apply for ISB YLP programme, you need to follow a four step process with specific deadline that includes:
|Step||Procedure||ISB YLP Dates||Result|
|Step 1||Application Form, Essay, Application Fees||March 28, 2021||May 05, 2021|
|Step 2||GMAT/ GRE, Essay, 1 Evaluation||August 31, 2021||Between August 31, 2021 and November 5, 2021|
|Step 3||Interview||August 31, 2021 to November 5, 2021||November 10, 2021|
How to Apply for ISB YLP?
There are the 3 main stages of ISB YLP application process which are as follows:
- Stage 1: Submit the application form along with an essay and the application fee, i.e. INR 13,000
- Stage 2: Submit GMAT/GRE scores with a Letter of Recommendation and two essays.
- Stage 3: Interview with ISB Admissions team at one of their campuses.
ISB YLP essay question for Stage 1 is as follows:
- Narrate any incident that had a profound influence on you.
- Write about your personality and how YLP would help you develop yourself further.
Word limit: 300 Words
While writing this essay, you need to honestly reflect on your past personal and professional experiences. You should highlight how your profile stands out from the applicant pool and keep the word limit in mind.
ISB YLP Documents Checklist
Here are the essentials and documents required for ISB YLP Stage 1 Application:
- Personal details and academic records and transcripts
- Certificates of Awards and Achievements, if any
- One Essay
- Application Fee
Apart from these, you will need a Letter of Recommendation, GMAT/GRE scores and two essays for the Stage 2 of ISB YLP application.
Procedure from YLP to PGP
ISB YLP is a programme specially made for students who want to study in ISB but do not have enough work experience. ISB YLP programme prepares students for that. Here is the procedure for reaching ISB PGP from ISB YLP
- Apply to ISB YLP during the pre-final or final year of your UG program.
- After getting accepted from YLP, gain work experience for 20 months
- Attend learning weekends at ISB YLP to connect with PGP students, and world class faculty of ISB.
- Once you have finished your work experience, you will join ISB Post graduate program.
An ISB YLP candidate gets the same opportunities as an ISB PGP student. Indian School of Business is famous for its high package placements. The detailed placement report for ISB PGP provides in depth analysis for the companies visiting the campus. The companies that take students from Indian School of Business are some of the Fortune 50 companies. Many students have a dream to be a part of these organizations and ISB YLP program takes that dream to you in a shorter period of time than other programs of ISB itself. There are more than 220 companies that come to ISB for recruitments. Here are some of the top companies that hire from Indian School of Business:
- Axis Bank
- The Boston Consulting Group
- McKinsey & Co
- Schneider Electric
ISB PGP program’s average package in 2020 was INR 26.5 LPA, highest of all time. Students had a 124% increment from their previous employment pre-ISB.
Some of the top fields in ISB are:
|Field||Student Percentage that get recruited|
ISB YLP vs ISB PGP Admission
The only difference between ISB Young Leaders Program (ISB YLP) admits and ISB PGP admission is in terms of the application procedure and requirements. Both ISB YLP and PGP admits start their PGP at either Mohali or Hyderabad campus together. The ISB YLP admits need to complete atleast 20 months of work experience before joining the program.
Once you’re in the program there is absolutely no differece. You are taught by the same faculty and get the same opportunities in terms of placements and outreach programs. So if you think ISB Young Leaders Program might limit your chances of learning at ISB in any way, think again.
Each year, around 6000 students apply to the Indian School of Business‘s flagship courses. The institute has approximately 6% seats reserved for the applicants who are applying through the YLP route for the ISB PGP (including Early Entry Option).
STEPVUE helps you in maximising your chances for ISB YLP and PGP programs. We have 100% record of successfully helping students get into the coveted Indian School of Business with our world-class admission consulting process.
You can schedule your FREE consultation appointment with us here and get ahead of the competiton today!